This is a simple seafood recipe that’s perfect for the summer heat.
Summer always puts me in the mood for salads, seafood, and lighter dishes that don’t make you feel heavy and bloated. I also don’t like running my oven or stove much during the summer because it heats the whole house up. So this is the perfect summer recipe for me. It’s light but filling, it has a perfect combination of crab and fresh veggies, and all I have to do is prepare and assemble the ingredients–no cooking required! It’s so easy!
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (will result in 6 cups cooked)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup flaked crab meat
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (plus, extra for serving)
- 2-3 tsp minced garlic
- 10-12 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper for taste
- lettuce or cabbage leaves for serving
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package. Let cool. (This step can be done the day before to save you even more time the day of. Just make sure you refrigerate it until you need it.)
- Shred carrot, slice red bell pepper, chop scallions, and pick through crab meat to make sure there are no shells.
- Add veggies and crab to quinoa, and mix well. Set salad aside.
- Mince garlic and chop mint leaves.
- Mix oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, mint, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add dressing to salad, and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce or cabbage leaves.
See how this recipe is made by watching the video below: